FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is GtkStryk?
- Which games does GtkStryk support?
- What is a row?
- How do I submit rows?
- What is a hedge?
- What is a mathematical system?
- What are UNA-systems?
- Where are the files?
- How do I compile the source code?
- How do I use GtkStryk?
- Do you have any winning tactics?
What is GtkStryk?
GtkStryk is a program for generating rows for pool betting games.
Which games does GtkStryk support?
GtkStryk was originally designed for the swedish pool betting games STRYKTIPSET and EUROPATIPSET which both have 13 matches per row. Currently only 13 matches is supported but in the future support for 14 matches may be added. This would make the program work with, for instance, unibet's supertoto games.
What is a row?
One coupon row contains 13 matches and you decide for each match, whether it will end in a (1) home win, (X) draw or (2) away win.
How do I submit rows?
There are two choices. Either write the rows down manually to coupons and submit in a betting store or submit the rows directly from GtkStryk.
For the latter choice you have to register for a "tipskort" betting card at svenskaspel.se or an affiliated bookie (like Pressbyrån).
What is a hedge?
The player may select more than one outcome for a match. Selecting two outcomes (1X, X2 or 12) is called a half-hedge and selecting all three outcomes (1X2) is called a full-hedge.
What is a mathematical system?
A mathematical system consists of all possible combinations of the selected hedges. Half-hedges double and full-hedges triple the number of combinations.
What are UNA-systems?
UNiversal Allround (UNA) systems are reduced systems with a variable number of half/full hedges found among other places in the book Spela Tippa Vinn 3, ISBN 91-552-0864-9.
GtkStryk is released under the GPL license. Info about GPL is available here.
Where are the files?
Source code and installers for GtkStryk releases can be downloaded from SourceForge. The very latest source code can be obtained through cvs. See next question for build instructions.
How do I compile the source code?
First get the latest sources as explained above. Then follow the instructions below for you OS.
Download GtkStryk Win32 Build Environment. When installing, choose a directory without space in the name (ie make sure path does not contain "Program Files"). Start msys and cd into the gtkstryk directory.
$ cd gtkstryk $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gtkstryk $ make $ make installChange prefix to whatever directory you want to install to.
Debian GNU/Linux (Stable/Testing/Unstable) and Ubuntu (Hoary/Breezy and later)
$ cd gtkstryk $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -ucIf dpkg-buildpackage complains about missing packages, install them with apt-get.
# apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libglade2-dev libcurl-devshould install most packages needed to build.
$ cd gtkstryk $ ./configure --prefix=/opt/gtkstryk $ make $ make installChange prefix to whatever directory you want to install to.
How do I use GtkStryk?
Start the program and select a game: Stryk or Europa (same as Brazil). Click on the "Update coupon" button to download this weeks round from svenskaspel.se.
- Select a system. Mathematical systems can have any number of hedges but can quickly grow very big (big = expensive). UNA systems have a fixed number of hedges and are "reduced systems".
- Fill the system frame with 1, X and 2 until you are satisfied. If you are using an UNA system then you can right click on a hedge to select the preferred hedge (U-tips). The system will take the U-tips into account when generating the rows. If you don't select U-tips then 1 will be used. Except the X2 hedge which lacks a 1 and instead uses 2 as U-tips.
- Go to the filter tab and adjust the interval filter settings until you are satisfied. You can also add any number of expert rows. Usually some expert presents his/her row at svenskaspel.se and this row can be automatically downloaded. Additional rows can be entered manually.
- Choose File->Generate to generate rows. A dialog box will pop up showing some filter statistics. The number of rows that passed all filters are displayed at the bottom. If you are not satisfied press Cancel and adjust frame/filters. Repeat until satisfied. Then either save the rows or press Submit and enter your "spelkort" number. This automatically submits the rows to svenskaspel.se. If you don't have a "spelkort" you can get one from svenskaspel.se or an affiliated bookie (like Pressbyrån).
Do you have any winning tactics?
The best chance to earn money is to play systematically for several weeks in a row. Our experience is that you can temporary loose money for some weeks but in the long run you will earn money if you play sound and systematical. If you still loose money after, say 20 weeks, then something is wrong with the way you play (or you have exceptionally bad luck). When we use GtkStryk we have got the best results with the UNA-system with 10 hedges (6-7 full and the rest half) and moderat filtering.
It is a good idea to adjust the frame so it differs from the expert row(s) since they seldom have more than 9 correct matches. And if they do the price money will be low anyway. Don't play too safe. Put full hedges at matches the experts think are easy wins (it will pay back when the experts misses). With UNA-10 you have to select three matches without hedge. Select those three matches from the ones where the experts disagree. At worst you will get them right once every 9 weeks. And it is when you get these three matches right you will get the money back which you loose the other weeks. Just hope the experts misses an easy match (where you put a full-hedge, remember). That will raise the prize money. Also look at how many correct matches the experts usually get (maybe 5-8 correct out of 13). Then try to place your U-row with 5-8 matches the same as the experts. Actually the U-row systems are designed to give the best results when you get half the U-matches correct. In UNA-10 that means about 5 correct matches. You could also select only 1:s as U-row. That works because usually about half of the matches ends with a home win.
Also look at statistics from previous rounds (available from svenskaspel.se). Europatipset matches usually have a little higher probability to end with a home win. Specially when it has italian matches. Try to adjust the filters so they are correct about 9 weeks out of 10. Check against statistics from earlier rounds with similar games. Good startvalues are 5-9 home wins, 2-4 equal, 2-5 away wins and 7-10 row differences. Fine tune the filters as you start to get a grip about how everything works togther. Narrow filters are cheaper but means greater risk to miss matches because of missed filter intervals. Try to find an optimum between price/risk, stay there and play for several weeks. That will give you a good chance to earn money in the long run.